|Other Name||Chihuahua Dog|
|Life Cycle||12-18 years|
|Character||Devoted, Quick, Fearless, Lively, Courageous|
|Height||Male: 6-11 inches|
Female: 6-10 inches
Female: 4-6 pound
|Color||Black, White, Tan, Grey, Brown and many others|
|Average price||700 US$|
|Good with Kids||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Child Friendly||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Cat Friendly||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Dog Friendly||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Trainability||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Shedding||★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Watchdog||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆|
|Intelligence||★ ★ ★ ★ ☆|
|Grooming||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Popularity||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Adaptability||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
On the base of its extreme devotion to a single individual Chihuahua has earned fame as favoured toy dog. It is good with other pets and household dogs but reserved with strangers. Although, some endeavor to be protective but they’re not too effective. Some of them can be timid and some may be extremely bold. They are frequently temperamental and some bark.
Compact built, small Chihuahua is graceful, somewhat longer than the tall with lively expression, terrier like attitude and alert also. They can move with good drive and reach at a swift pace. The coat of Chihuahua is smooth with soft long or glossy hairs, possessing straight soft or wavy hair and edging ears.
The smallest breed in the world and oldest breed in the American Continent is Chihuahua dog breed. Its native origin is Mexico, where it obtained its name from Mexican state of Chihuahua. At the end of 19th century it was only brought to the Europe. Since the breed which is used to create the Chihuahua is not clear but some people said that it was originated from Fennec Fox. It was a very popular pet to the upper class of Pre-Columbian Indian nations an also were a sacred dog to them. These dogs are rewarded for their size and are mainly esteemed to some fanciers when they weigh up below 2-1/4 pounds.
The Chihuahua may be a spirited, charming, and intelligent breed. They’re very dedicated to their owners, although typically solely opt for one or two “favorites”. Not solely do they offer tenderness, they successively demand it. Their artistic and curious nature drives them to make varied ways in which to achieve your attention. The owners of a lot of independent breeds could find the Chihuahua too needy. Households with older kids are most popular, as they will be injured simply by younger kids. Valued for their loyalty and courage, they usually become “full of themselves” and can challenge a lot of larger dogs and strangers, and since of their size this may usually end in severe injuries or probably death. They’re also very suspicious of strangers (which additionally makes them sensible watchdogs), and cannot allow you to out of their sight. It’s usually aforementioned they need “terrier-like” qualities. As they’re extremely alert, observant, daring and saucy.
They are very clannish nature that means that they’d like better to be with different Chihuahuas, over other dogs. Some will be quite the sun-bathers, selecting to get within the sun for hours, though this should be closely monitored to avoid heatstroke. Their gentleness and sweet nature makes them excellent for aged and disabled people. Never going your side, they’re going to lie in bed with you for hours on end; ideally underneath the covers of that they love.
Top 50 Dog Breeds
They can typically be overly unconfident and nervous, which might end in separation anxiety. Chihuahuas are best-known to bark overly once left alone for too long. If you find yourself out of the house for long periods of your time, then this can be not the breed for you, as they thrive on their humans. They’re also not counseled for being in a home with babies (unless raised with them) as they will resort to biting in self defense. Several tend to be fairly aggressive on dog. Their devotion’s level to their humans will become a problem, as they’re typically to a fault jealous of their humans’ relationships with each other and animals.
Owner Should Know
- Choose a Chihuahua stock breeder who provides health clearances for patella’s and heart conditions.
- Chihuahuas are at risk of shivering once they caught cold, keyed up, or scared.
- Provide your Chihuahua with a sweater or coat once he goes outdoors in cold or wet weather.
- Chihuahuas are often unfriendly toward other dogs if they don’t seem to be socialized once young. Chihuahuas do not backtrack from other dogs and this could cause a problem if they encounter a large aggressive dog.
- Don’t leave your Chihuahua unattended within the yard. He can be attacked by a hawk, other birds of quarry, or bigger dogs or coyotes.
- Chihuahuas are often reserved with strangers. Choose a puppy that was born and raised in a home with lots of human interaction.
- Chihuahuas don’t seem to be the most effective dog to possess once you have young kids. Chihuahuas are fragile and a toddler might hurt the dog whereas playing. Most breeders will not sell puppies to homes with kids younger than eight years.
- The Chihuahua’s ears are often at risk of ear wax build up and dry skin.
- Chihuahuas are happy as companions; however they would like twenty to thirty minutes of exercise daily and might choose for much longer than you may expect. Monitor your Chihuahua, particularly once he is a puppy, so he does not wear himself out.