French bulldog Overview
French Bulldog Information
|Other Names||Bouledogue Francis, Frenchie|
|Life Cycle||9-13 years|
|Character||Sociable, Affectionate, Lively, alert, Bright, Intelligent, Athlete, Playful|
|Height||Male: 10-12 inches|
Female: 10-12 inches
|Weight||Male: 20-30 pounds|
Female: 20-30 pounds
|Color||Brindle, White, Fawn, Cream, Black Brindle, and mixes|
|Average price||2000 US$|
|Good with Kids||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Child Friendly||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Cat Friendly||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Dog Friendly||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Trainability||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Shedding||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Watchdog||★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆|
|Intelligence||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Grooming||★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆|
|Popularity||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Adaptability||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
French bulldog is a jester and a lap dog. It takes pleasure to entertain its family and to play, cuddling and snoozing with favorite individual as well. French bulldogs not only willing to please but also companionable, sweet and cordial dog. Besides being a companion dog also has been used as brilliant ratter and now in present days their work is focused on being a marvelous family cordial and show dog. French bulldogs are rare dog breed so anticipate setting in some time on a waiting list before you are capable to get one home.
Frenchies endowed the traits that made their bulldog forefathers so doing well in the bull-baiting arena: large square head, muscular build wide body, heavy bone and low center of gravity. It has supple loose skin making wrinkles about the shoulders and head. Not like bulldog, they have an attentive, curious look that is supported by their ears. Unlike bulldog the movement of French bulldog is free and unrestrained, with drive and reach. Frenchies are entertaining house companion, a solid lap dog but also a hardy.
It was originated in England later was produced to be a toy size type of bulldog. These dogs were very much popular amongst the lace workers of Nottingham and later when a large numbers of these workers immigrated to France for better work conditions they brought with their toy bulldog. Frenchies bloomed in France and Europe and soon after that the Americans also discovered his charisma. In the Westminster Kennel Club show in 1896 the first French bulldog was seen by United States. The breed was rapidly nicknamed “Frenchie”, and still an affectionate name which is used now a day also.
As an extreme lover the French bulldog are playful, the affectionate and wish for attention, from all which they come into contact with. When a Frenchie left alone in a backyard it does not do well. In general, they make a brilliant companion for kids but too young children may not bear his over excited nature. Typically it gets along well with other animals, as long as they are of as playful nature as it is. They are not known for excessive barking. When people approaches to their doors they may bark and can alert the owners to intruders. Although they have a deep bark but not sounds vicious.
A number of Frenchies be apt to sit back and let others make a growl. They are often described as “little clowns,” and an additional appropriate description might not be found. The Frenchies are at their chief satisfied when they are being showered with affection. They will return the favor to his greatest capabilities. They are a factual lapdog, a tremendous lover, a bodyguard, a true “best friend” and. a playful companion.
Don’t offer them sweet talk or affection if they are going to display any kind of behavior that is not wanted,
Top 50 Dog Breeds
instead correct them severely with firm and calm authority. They can be slobber and drool. But most of them may not do not do such drooling and slobbering. They can also be an unyielding hunter of mice. Never Permits this cute small bully to develop Small Dog Syndrome.
Owner Should Know
- Frenchie does not require plenty of exercise, but needs a daily walk to be fit and healthy.
- Frencihies are not good for hot weather and require to be monitored on hot days to make sure they don’t go beyond themselves.
- Frencihies can be very easy to train but can stubborn sometimes, so be patient and firm on training.
- If you like to be clean and neat then French bulldog can’t be the best dog for you yet it may prone to drooling, shedding and flatulence. They may be not easy to housebreak.
- French Bulldogs are very quiet breed and never known as a breed which frequent barking though there are exemptions to every rule.
- Frenchies make exceptional apartment dogs because they not tend to be too much barkers.
- Although French bulldogs do very well with kids but it is most important to supervise always too young children and dogs when they are interacting together.
- Frenchies compose a wonderful watchdog yet can become territorial. They also like to be the center of the attention of the owner it may lead to behavioral issues if it is overindulged.
- Frenchies are companion dogs and can flourish if they have contact with humans. These dogs are never let alone for a prolong period of time or left to live outside.