Puppy Diarrhea: Key Causes, Remedies and Prevention
Puppy diarrhea could be messy to clean up and even make you sick to think something may be horribly wrong with your pup however her tummy can easily get upset which may result in diarrhea and dehydration… that means you need to know about the causes of your puppy’s diarrhea and take action before she needs emergency care to get rid of a parasite or treat a viral infection.
This article gives you the causes of your puppy’s diarrhea including. I hope after you read this information you’ll be able to take better care of your puppy and prevent her diarrhea.
7 Key Causes of Puppy Diarrhea
1. Bacterial infection – Bacteria like Clostridium, E. coli and Salmonella can cause your puppy to have diarrhea.
2. Diet change – Diarrhea can result when you add new foods too quickly to your dog’s diet. You may also discover your dog has food allergies like lactose intolerance which can cause diarrhea.
3. Parasites – Coccidia, giardia, hookworms, roundworms and whipworms can cause severe diarrhea which will require you to bring your puppy to your veterinarian for treatment.
4. Side effects – Use of Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can give your puppy a case of diarrhea as a side effect. Herbal remedies like Aloe Vera, Boswellia, Ginkgo Biloba and Grape Seed Extract could also result in puppy diarrhea.
5. Stress – Your puppy might be anxious around people and be scared of her environment because of street traffic and noise. Stress can create an upset stomach that unfortunately creates loose stools or diarrhea.
6. Toxic substance – Poisons and toxins like antifreeze, spoiled garbage and poisonous plants can give your puppy diarrhea. Keep your trash and garbage out of your puppies reach at all times to be safe.
7. Viral infection – Parvovirus and distemper can be fatal diseases for your unvaccinated or partially vaccinated puppy. Coronavirus can cause viral diarrhea and requires you to seek immediate medical care for your puppy.
3 Safe Herbal Remedies for Puppy Diarrhea
Try one of these 3 herbal remedies for your puppy’s diarrhea:
1. Plantain is a backyard weed that’s good for diarrhea, chronic bowel disease and can help as a lubricant to remove foreign objects your dog has eaten. Put plantain leaves in your blender or juicer and give your puppy 1/4 teaspoon daily for every 10 pounds.
2. Thyme helps settle your dog’s stomach, improve digestion and relieve bowel problems like diarrhea. Pour 1/4 cup cool thyme leaf tea in your puppy’s water bowl or add a pinch of thyme to her food once daily.
3. Turmeric, a powerful anti-inflammatory herb, helps as a remedy for puppy diarrhea. Heat up a mixture of 1/4 cup turmeric powder, 1 cups water, 1/8 cup coconut oil and a pinch of ground black pepper to make a thick paste. You can refrigerate your turmeric paste in a sealed glass container and keep for 1 month. Add turmeric paste to your puppy’s food twice a week to quiet her diarrhea. Dosage for turmeric should not exceed 1/8 teaspoon for every 10 pounds of your puppy’s weight.
Note: Keep your puppy hydrated because diarrhea can cause dehydration very quickly.
Quick Tips to Prevent Puppy Diarrhea
- Switch your puppy to a new diet slowly.
- Keep your puppy’s environment clean especially if your she plays with other puppies.
- Vaccinate your puppy at the appropriate ages and keep her away from unvaccinated puppies or dogs.
- Crate your puppy when she is not supervised to prevent her from toxic substances.
- Learn about parasite prevention from your veterinarian.
- Pick up your puppy’s poop and keep her away from poop in the street.
Now that you’ve read this article on puppy diarrhea you will be able to take better care of your puppy and help prevent her from getting loose stools.
Share this article with your friends and family so they can take better care of their dog and prevent harm if they suffering from diarrhea.
Note, however, should not it slagate to sleep on the ground where there is strong throughout. Often we do not feel but as the land where the dog will sleep, this is particularly uncomfortable and it will refuse to sleep on the spot where the constant spirit. You simply release it to walk and can only choose LOCATION – once you see that loves to sleep somewhere, just put “bed” there and watch chosen spot “Place” high and clear, to allow puppy to link that word with the command “On the spot, it otprashtashta fro.
In no case don’t in his bed! One thing that isunhigienic second remember that little heat puppy will soon become a larger volume and animal which like nothing you change from your own bed. As stated – to have respect – people sleeping in bed, dogs – no!
Of course there’s another possibility. If you have old, unnecessary furniture – some armchair, armchair or sofa you can give it to your friend, he certainly would like it.
Problem № 2 – How can I say?
Very often Doberman puppy comes with a complete delivered by the owner of dog name. Most likely it will make you particularly like, and if you do not have something already arithmetic, we must select new. But be careful what you choose! Your dog will carry this name for life – look puppy least think about his big Doberman, in which it will become. Your dog will never understand that you ugly whether his name, but other people will have baya to shy away. So – no Sharovtsi, Murdzhovtsi, Topchovtsi and the like. It is not good and it put human name. You will turn people on the streets. Forget for most popular names you wear them all bulonks and pudels of variety of Gina, Rocky, Jackie, Laura, Rocky, Blackie, Caesar – they show total lack of imagination among farmers. Name of Doberman dog must show nobleness, aristocratically and uniqueness. Disgusted is not bad Doberman you have at least 2 names, as adopted at the breed specimens, but quality is sufficient. German names are suitable / as Fritz, Arnold, Werner, Juergen, the names of gods or heroes of mytical skandinavskata and northern mythology / as Votan, Krom, Odin, all remarkable heroes of epic or action films, characters from books that are your favorite or any favorite musicians / but you please avoid chalga and rapa because Doberman Kondyo or Sean Combs will razsmee our people.